Park City Recreation
There are so many things to do here in the Park City area that a complete list would make your head swim. Here is a very partial list of some of the activities that you can engage in while you are here. In addition to this there are attractions, cultural events, guided tours, and shopping opportunities.
• Aerial Tours
• Bobsledding –If you have always dreamed of being an Olympic athlete, perhaps the closest thing you and I will ever come is to ride the bobsled on a former Olympic track at the Winter Sports Park. I would say it is a real nail biter, but you will be using those nails to hold on for dear life. If speed and adrenalin are what you live for, come take a ride.
• Bowling - you have two choices, Park City style bowling (you have to see this to believe it) at Jupiter Bowl, and a traditional bowling experience at Holiday Lanes in Heber City.
• Hot Air Ballooning – Taking a ride in a hot air balloon is one of the most wonderful and memorable activities you can ever do. Some people make it a memorable event by getting engaged or celebrating special anniversaries, some make it an annual event. Drifting along in the cool, quiet morning air and seeing our area from a bird’s eye perspective give you a whole different outlook. Why not try it for yourself.
• Ice fishing – For those of you who simply just can’t get enough fishing in during the warm weather, there is ice fishing. Head on out and join all the other crazy folks freezing their fannies off while staring down a hole. It is a blast!
• Ice Skating – when it comes to ice skating you have two choices, an small outdoor rink at the Park City Mountain Resort, and an indoor arena in the Park City sports complex, located in Quinn’s Junction
• Resorts – There are three resorts in the Park City area:
- The Canyons
- Deer Valley
- Park City Mountain Resort
• Shooting – If you like to shoot indoor targets or just want to do some target practice, the Park City Gun Club is just for you. It is located on the frontage road along Hwy 40.
o Alpine Skiing – Let’s face it, Utah is known for having “The Greatest Snow on Earth” and we sure get our fair share of it. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When God gives you snow and mountains, you go skiing!
o Nordic Skiing – Not everyone wants to go downhill skiing every day, so you have the opportunity of mixing it up a little with some of the Nordic variety.
o Skate Skiing – if Nordic skiing isn’t fast passed enough for you, you can try the latest of the winter sports to make big snow flumes. If nothing else, it is an amazing workout.
• Snowboarding – Since its inception, snowboarding has caught on like an avalanche. If you haven’t tried it, perhaps you should.
• Snowshoeing – there are few things as wonderful as tromping through untracked snow on a beautiful day all by yourself in the woods. It is the epitome of serenity.
• Snowmobiling – For those of you who would rather make noise and go fast there is snowmobiling. There are a number of companies in the area that rent machines.
• Tubing – Gorgoza Park on Rasmussen Rd, across from Jeremy Ranch offers a tubing experience you are not soon to forget. Unlike probably anywhere you may have gone tubing in the past, they make their own snow, and groom regularly. They have commercial tubes, not old truck inner tubes like we used to ride when I was a kid. It is big fun and waiting for YOU.
• Winter Hiking – one of the amazing things about Park City is that all those miles of wonderful trails we have are used all year round. Typically the snow gets packed down by all the use they get, so you can hike almost all year long. You will need some good boots to enjoy this activity. If the snow is fresh or really deep you may need snowshoes.